Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Which of the following teeth is succadaneous?
during the cap stage of tooth development, the tooth germ consists of?
- enamel organ
- dental sac
- dental papilla
What is the difference between gemination and fusion?
- gemination - tooth germ unsuccessfully tries to split - 1 root
- fusion - crowns of 2 teeth fuse together, looks like one tooth on top, but has more than 1 root
will differentiate into odontoblasts
outer cells of dental papilla
support structure for ameloblasts
outer enamel epithelium
will differentiate into the dental pulp
inner cells of dental papilla
will differentiate into ameloblasts
inner enamel epithelium
What induces the cells of the dental sac to differentiate into cementocytes?
the newly formed dentin
enamel hypoplasia is decreased_____of the matrix, while enamel hypocalcification is decreased______because it didn't fully mineralize
the periodontal ligament secures the tooth by anchoring int the_________and ________
"bending of roots because HERS was distorted" is a definition of which developmental disturbance?
passive eruption is when the gingiva recedes around the tooth. Active eruption is when the tooth moves in a horizontal position to erupt
- the first statement is true
- the second statement is false, it moves in a vertical positon
what is the difference between a dentigerous cyst and an eruption cyst?
- dentigerous cyst occurs when the tooth is impacted around a fully formed crown
- eurption cyst occures while the tooth is erupting and usually goes away once the tooth is fully erupted
What fuses with the oral epithelium during eruption?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview