O'Donoghue Maneuver (One of the best tests
for Whiplash injury used by an examiner, can also be utilized on ANY joint in the body to determine
- Instruct: Patient is seated, examiner grasps the patient's head with both hands and passively and
- slowly takes the cervical region through a range of motion. The examiner then takes the cervical
- region through isometric contractions.
- Positive: 1)Pain during passive range of motion. 2)Pain during resisted range of motion.
- Indicates: 1) Ligamentous sprain. (Passive ROM stresses ligaments) 2) Muscle/tendon strain.
- (Active ROM stresses muscles and tendons)