Health Vocab Ch. 2
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
can occur when a person touches an object that contains the blood or other body fluids of an infected person and enters the body
infected blood or body fluids transmitted from one person and enters another at a correct entry site
- Acquired Imundeficiency Virus
- kills white blood cells can cause fevers and fatigue
virus that causes AIDs and attacks whit blood cells.
- human immunodeficiency virus
- virus that causes AIDs and attacks whit blood cells.
a liver infection cause by the Hepatitis C virus
a liver infection caused by the Hepatitis B virus
- depend on other prganisms to live
- once inside the body, they are hard to kill
Can live outside the body and commonly do not pend on other organisms for life
bacteria and viruses present in blood and body fluids, can cause disease
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration
- applies to employees who may come in contact with blood or other blody substances that culd cause infection
occurs when the body's skin is penetrated by an infectious source such as insects bite or sting
when a person inhales dropllets from an infected person's cough or sneeze.
Exposure Control Plan
- OSHA requires employers to have one
- a written program outlining the protective measures your employer will take to eliminate or minimize emplyee exposures
controls measures that isolate or remove a hazard from the workplace
Standard Precautions and BSI
- BSI= body substances isolation
- they mean that you should consider all body fluids and substances as infectious
practices of control to protect employees from exposure to blood
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview