Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Who were the Tairona?
- group of chiefdoms
- 1st century ad
- growth in 11th century
- They had irrigated fields similar to tuscany
Who were Guayabo de Turrialba?
- Costa rica
- large site
- occupied 100o bc and 1400 ad eventually abandoned
- peaked at 800 ad with 10,000
- political and religious center
- paved streets
- round platforms
- carved stone
- Intermediate Area of pre-columbian central america
- with Mula period from 150 bc to ad 300
- Tonosi period ad 300 to ad 550
- Cubita period ad 550 to ad 700
- Extensive Gold workng found even in Mayaland
- -between columbia and ecuador
- 600 bc - 200 ad
- high ceramic wealth
- hierarchal society with ceremonial complexes
- figures with cranial modification
San augustine's significance?
Zoomorphic Rock Carvings
- Gold Workers
- Columbian coast
- Managed flood plains
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview