Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Neurotropic Viral Diseases
- Arboviral Encephalitis
- Highest mortality rate of any human disease
- Rabies virus transmitted by animal bite
- Death can come within days from respiratory paralysis
- Poliomyelitis- gray matter of brain and spinal cord is affected
- Poliovirus ingested in contaminated food or water
- Multiplies first in tonsils, then lymphoid tissue in GI tract
- May get into bloodstream where it invades meninges leading to paralysis
- Acute inflammation of the brain
- Caused by a series of Togaviruses Bunyaviruses St. LouisEncephalitis virus
- La CrossEncephalitis virus
- Transmittedby mosquitoes
- Characterized by sudden high fever and severe headache.
- May lead to convulsions and coma
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview