Cells and Microscopes
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the 5 characteristics of living things?
- 1. Respond to their environment
- 2. Require energy
- 3. Grow
- 4. Reproduce
- 5. Excrete wastes
Identify 1, 3, 6, and 8 in the diagram:
- 1: Ocular lens (eyepiece)
- 3: Arm
- 6: Base
- 8: Objective lenses
What is the total magnification of an object seen under a microscope?
Objective lens x eyepiece lens = total magnification
i.e: 4 (eyepiece) x 10 (objective) = 40 total magnification
What would the letter 'e' look like under a microscope?
This is because it is inverted (flipped vertically) and reversed.
What does the cell theory state?
- 1. The cell is the basic unit of life
- 2. All organisms are composed of one or more cells
- 3. All cells come from other living cells.
What are the two different types of cells, and how are they different?
- Prokaryotic (not surrounded by membranes)
- Eukaryotic (surrounded by membranes)
Are animal and plant cells eukaryotic or prokaryotic?
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview