Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
STARTER CONTROL VALVE OPEN light on.
If light remains on or comes on after start, secure engine by pulling emergency shutdown handle.
FUS DUCT HOT light on.
I. On ground, secure ground air-conditioning and all engine and APU bleed air, and return to the line.
II. In flight, close all engine bleed and fuselage shutoff valves.
START VALVE light on.
Check overhead panel for individual engine start control valve open light.
NTS INOPR. Light on.
Continue holding out on feather button. (FE)
Emergency Shutdown Handle – Pull. (FE)
Feather Button – Push. (FE)
Crew Responsibility for Fire of Unknown Origin
Alert crew, activate the fire bill – Alerted. (CP, TC)
Cabin Exhaust Fan – OFF. (FE)
1) Don smoke masks
2) Alert crew
1. Pressurization ground check switch - TEST. (FE)
2. Ground air-conditioning switch - ON. (FE)
- AUX Vent - OPEN (FE)
- OUTFLOW Valve - OPEN (FE)
- EDCs - DUMP (FE)
- AUX Vent - Close at 1" differential (FE)
- Without electrical power available:
- Free-Fall Chute - OPEN (FE)
Emergency Descent Procedure
1) Autopilot – Disengaged. (P)
2) Power Levers – FLIGHT IDLE. (P)
3) Landing Gear Lever – As required. (CP)
4) Airspeed – As required. (P)
5) Pressurization – As required. (FE)
1) Alert crew time to impact – Alerted. (CP)
1) Request ground firefighting equipment. (CP)
2) Stop the aircraft. (P)
Engine Fire on the Ground
1) Emergency Shutdown Handle – PULL. (FE)
2) HRD – Discharged. (P, FE)
Emergency Shutdown Procedure
1) Emergency shutdown handle (on pilot command) – Pull. (FE)
2) HRD (fire only) – Discharged. (P, FE)
Shifting to Boost Off
1) Disconnect the Autopilot
2) Attempt to obtain a safe altitude
3) Set Condition V
4) Trim tab setting – Check for normal position
If abnormal force is still present:
5) Booster shift handle – Pull
I. If rpm at or above 115 percent – Reduce airspeed (150 KIAS minimum) and perform Operation with a Pitchlocked Propeller procedure in paragraph 15.12.2. (P, FE)
II. If rpm below 115 percent – Smoothly advance power lever(s) toward cruise conditions and increase TAS, noting engine indications (normal rated power if range is a factor). (P, FE)
Propeller Fails to Feather
1) Feather Button – In.
2) PCO – Press.
3) Alternate Bus (propellers 1 and 4) – Select.
4) PROP FEATHER circuit breakers – Check in.
5) Airspeed – Decrease toward 150 KIAS.
If feather button light remains on:
6) PROP FEATHER CONT circuit breaker – Pull.
Flight with Cracked Windshield
1) Turn off heat of affected panels.
2) Helmets on, visors down. (P, CP, FE)
Loss of all Airspeed Indication
1) Check pitot heat – ON. (FE)
Windshear Escape Procedure
1) Max Power – Set. (P, FE)
2) Pitch Attitude – 10° up. (P)
3) Landing gear – UP. (P, CP)
4) FLAPS– Do not change until out of windshear. (P)
1) If uncontrollable, reset the flap handle to the previous position.
2) If controllable, land with the flap handle in the selected position.
Stall (Not memory item)
- 1) Disconnect autopilot
- Smoothly add symmetric power
- Relax back pressure on the yoke (16 units AOA or less)
- 2) Use rudder and aileron to leve the wings and center the ball
- 3) Gently recover pitch attitude as airspeed builds
Out of Controlled Flight, Spiral and Spin Recovery
- 1) Power Levers - FLIGHT IDLE (P)
- 2) Flight Controls - Neutralize (P)
- 3) Airspeed, AOA, turn needle - Check (P)
- If in a spin:
- 4) Rudder - Full opposite turn needle (P)
- 5) Controls - Neutralize (P)
- 6) Unusual attitude - Recover (P)