Health Vocab Ch. 3
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
A hand-held device used primarily to ventilate a victim in resiratory distress.
Adisease in which the lungs lose their ability to exchange carbon dioxide and oxygen efficiently.
A condition that narrows the air passages and makes breathing difficult.
A victim is having trouble breathing.
- Face ~ weakness on one side
- Arm ~ weakness or nmness in one arm
- Speech ~ slurred speech
- Time ~ note the time each sign or symptoms were seen.
Care First Situations
- Provide care before calling.
- Related to breathing emergencies rather than cardiac.
Call First Situations
- Call before giving care.
- Call first -> suspect cardiac emergency.
Used when the victim may have a head, neck, or back injury.
Used to maintain an open airway for breathing victim with a decreased level of consciousness.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview