Old Testament Final
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Factors that contributed to the divided kingdom:
- 1.Tribal jealousies
- 2.Solomon’s heavy-handed approach to governing.
- 3.Jeroboam’s political ambition
- 4.Rehoboam’s foolishness
Three ways they (Phinehas) were wicked:
- 1.Had no regard for the Lord Himself
- 2.They treated the offering of the Lord with contempt, not handling it according to God’s law.
- 3.They had slept with the women who served the tabernacle showing their immorality and disregard for worship and worshippers alike.
- 2.Favor with God
- 3.Favor with man
Demand for King, Reasons:
1.Samuel’s sons lacked leadership
2.Wanted to be like other nations
symbolic act of indicating that a person has been chosen and set apart for a special task.
Fall of Saul:
- 1.He offered the sacrifice himself in disobedience to God’s command.
- 2.Made a foolish vow
- 3.Did not obey when told to destroy all the Amalekites and their property.
- 4.Saul allowed his jealousy to control him
- 5.Saul violated his own law and sought the advise from the witch of Endor.
- 6.Saul took his own life while fighting the Philistines
Gods promise to david:
- 1.His son and successor would build a temple for the Lord
- 2.God would not remove His loving kindness from David’s dynasty.
- 3.David’s throne would be established forever in God’s kingdom.
- 1.Continue the Northern and Southern Kingdoms’ history until their fall.
- 2.Point out northern kings’ wickedness in continuing golden-calf worship set up by Jeroboam and show why the Northern Kingdom fell so quickly.
- 3.Reveal the judgement of God on the sins of the nations.
Religion in Canaan:
- 1.Chief god was regarded as creator
- 2. Beal considered to be fertility god
- 3.Asherah was wife of L, offspring was beaal
- 4.In Joshua time when Israelites going into canaan, they were practicing prostitution and sacrifice
son of nun, name means lord is salvation
Arc of covanent symbolism:
Arc of covenant is going to now represent the protecting presence of Yahweh
Under the ban:
- 1.Everything belonged to god
- 2.People in city of jerico to be killed
- 3.Shout and wells came down
4 exceptions found in book of Zacheria:
Define the term Judges:
Military leaders from God; spirit endowed
Cycle of Judges:
Circle of from top clockwise:
- Suffering->"cry for mercy"
- Supplication->"raise up judges"
- Salvation->"saw fit"
- and repeat
Warning against halfhearted religion
Themes of laws and prophets:
Call for justice
expressed in total commitment to God. He must be given first place
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview