Describe what interactive marketing is and how it creates customer value, customer relationships, and customer experiences. (LO1)
- Interactive marketing involves two-way buyer-seller electronic communication in a computer-mediated environment in which the buyer controls the kind and amount of information received from the seller.
- It creates customer value by providing time, place, form, and possession utility for consumers.
- Customer relationships are created and sustained through two unique capabilities of Internet technology: interactivity and individuality.
- From an interactive marketing perspective, customer experience represents the sum total of the interactions that a customer has with a company's Web site, from the initial look at a home page through the entire purchase decision process.
- Companies produce a customer experience through seven Web site design elements: context, content, community, customization, communication, connection, and commerce.