Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Factors Influencng stress
- control: victims of abuse
- predictabilty: expectations
- competency: prepared
- social support: family
Pychological Reactions to stress
- heart disease
- expectations or demands that you behave in a certain way
noticeable alterations in one's livng conditons
What are the three types of conflict?
- Approach Approach two good things to choose from
- Avoidance Avoidance two bad things to choose from
- Aproach avoidance one thing to choose that is good and bad
When does frustration occur
when we want something we can't have
4 types of stress
any circumstance that threatens one's well being and hinders the persons coping ability
Gender differenecs in itelligence
- men have better spatial skills
- women have better verbal skills
What are the 7 intelligences?
- bodily kinesthetic
- difficult to test
- involves puzzles reaction time proccess
Sahir Whorf hpothesis
language influences though
DSM & Homosexuality
1970s psychology considered homosexuals deviant
What are the 3 phases of sexual response?
1950s zoologist who studied wasps
Opposite of Love is
What are the physical charaterisitics to changes in the Sympathetic Nervous System
- dilated puils
- increased heartrate
- rapid breating
- hgher blood pressure
- goose bumps
What is the function of the Sympathetc Nerous system?
- prepares body for emergency action
- fight or flight respone
What is the evolutionary theory of mate selection?
- Women reproductive capacity is limited
- - older males who have resources
- Men produce sperm all of their lives
- -youthful and attractive as signs of reproductive abilty
behavior when it goes wrong
What three things must occur for behavor to be abnormal?
- personal distress
Define Anxiety Disorders
- occursin situatons that most people can handle easily
- -panic attacks
What are Phobias?
fears so intense that they interfere wit our daly lives that are secific and we know are irrational
- obsession - overwhelming desire to do something
- compulsive-overwhelming desire to do something
Define Affective disorders
- disorders of mood:
- -manic depression
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview