The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
No beer for me.
It gives me the heartburn something awful
Hines: Me too.
(Hines cresses to Manel’s desk)
Poopsie: You gonna do your
knife throwing act this year Mr Hines?
Hines; I suppose so.
- (Gladys enters with a ledger and a note)
- There always seems to be a demand for it.
Poopsie: Was you honest on the real stage?
Gladys: That’s where I first met him Poopsie. He was throwing knives at a woman at the Majestic Theatre.
Poopsie: Is Mr Hasler in the office?
Gladys: No. Mabel: Here, one hard earned dollar,
and I hope the ham aint as salty as it was at the last union picnic. I was dried up for a week after.
Poopsie: Thanks (exits)
- (Gladys puts note on the table and Hines looks suspiciously)
- Hines: What’re you doing, leaving him a note? Huh?
- (Gladys gives him a dirty look)
- Carrying on with Sorokin, huh?
Gladys: Oh Vernon!
(Turns her head away from him)
- I sew you leave that note on his desk.
- I’m not blind.
- (Mabel listens)
- That’s why you wore that low neck dress to work today.
Gladys: You make me scream.
Vernon-you just make me scream.
- Hines: (crossing to desk)
- All right, then, what’s in it?
- I dare you to tell me what’s in it.
Gladys: (handing it to him)
Read it, then go and cut your throat.
Hines: (taking the note and reading it)
- “Okey payroll.
- Seven thousand, five hundred and two dollars and one cent”
Gladys: That means I love you in Morse code.
Mabel: Ain’t you ashamed of yourself, Heinzie?
Gladys: Now that we got that settled…do you think you could trust me as far as the ladies room?
Hines: (crosses and sites)
- I’ll never be jealous again,
Gladys: Maybe I’ll give you cause some day. (exits)
Mabel: Oh Heinzie, Heinzie.
- I learned my lesion.
- I’ll never be jealous again.
You stick to it now.