body weight/composition, age, pathophysiology, tolerance, placebo effect, variable absorption, genetics, gender, race, failure to take meds as prescribed
shortly after first used, abate when disct’d, reappear when restart, illness itself or explained fx?
- Minimizing Adverse Rxn: Responsibility of everyone involved in drug production and use
- --Anticipation, early detection signs
- --Monitor fxn of target organ
- --Individualized therapy (potential risk vs. probable benefits)
- --Chronic disorders especially vulnerable