Nur 150 Final
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Hypertension: Nutrition Guidelines
- Moderate ETOH intake
- Decrease Na intake
- Adequate magnesium, K+, calcium intake
- K+ 3.5-5.0
- Mag 1.5-2.5
- Cal 4.5-5.5
Hypertension: JNC 7 Guidelines
- Normal --> 120/180
- Pre-HTN--> 120-139/80-89
- Stage 1 --> 140-159/90-99
- Stage 2 --> >160/>100
Hypertension: Therapy & Pt Education
- Diuretics-reduce Na & water
- Beta-Adrenergic Blockers- decrease HR
- Alpha 1-Adrenergic Blockers- dilates blood vessels
- Take at bedtime
- 1st dose phenomenon
- Orthostatic hypotension
- Alpha 2 Agonists
- Vasodilators-relaxes smooth muscle in blood vessel
- Ace Inhibitors- vasodilate- decrease aldosterone-"prils"
- Angiotension 2 Receptor Blockers- decrease vascular resistance "statans"
ND important for systemic lupus erythematosis (SLE)
Daily Assessments needed for HF
How to administer safely
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview