EMT-B CHAPTER 21 Vocabulary
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
blunt trauma -
- An impact on the body by objects that cause injury without penetrating soft tissues or internal organs and cavities.
- A phenomenon in which speed causes a bullet to generate pressure waves, which cause damage distant from the bullet''s path.
coup-contrecoup brain injury
-- A brain injury that occurs when force is applied to the head and energy transmission through brain tissue causes injury on the opposite side of original impact.
- The slowing of an object.
index of suspicion
-- Awareness that unseen life-threatening injuries may exist when determining the mechanism of injury.
-- The energy of a moving object.
mechanism of injury (MOI)
-- The way in which traumatic injuries occur; the forces that act on the body to cause damage
multisystem trauma patient -
- A patient who experienced trauma that affects more than one body system.
penetrating trauma -
- Injury caused by objects, such as knives and bullets, that pierce the surface of the body and damage internal tissues and organs
potential energy -
- The product of mass, gravity, and height, which is converted into kinetic energy and results in injury, such as from a fall.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview