The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
In relation to healthcare services, Tertiary care is?
- Provided to acutely ill or injured patients requiring longterm care and rehab services
- **trauma center, burn center
In relation to healthcare services, subacute care is what?
- inpatient care that lies between hospital care and longterm care
- provides lower cost health care
What are disease management services?
- services provided to patients with chronic diseases through calls with nurses and other healthcare professionals.
- pts don't have to leave their homes
The board of directors is
- a governing body
- leaders and physicians
Chief executive officer
An individual responsible for the overall operation on a daily basis
Physicians who may either be employed by the organization or independent
Medical Staff Governace
Medical staffs are often organized by service, with Chief of Staff as head; work together with the Chief Executive Officer
Chief Nursing Officer
A member of the board of directors as contributers in the decision making
What are the 2 main means to ensure quality health care?
- Accreditation of health care agencies
- Continuous quality improvment