Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
A philosepher and public speaker
- Made himself dictator for life
- Killed by the senate
- Led his army into Italy, to desroy Pompey
- Gave Julius Caesar's eulogy
- Became leader of the roman empire,
- Fought in the east
- Divorced octavian's sister for cleopatra
- They comitted suaside together during Naval Battle with Octavian
Aka. Augustus, he and marc antony ruled roman empire, went after MA for divorcing his sister
Jesus Of NAZERETH
- He is the messiah
- Traveled and taught his ideas
- His story is taught in the bible the new testament and the gospel
Paul of Tarsus
The apostale who traveled throughout the roman world spreading Christianity
The first roman emporer to be christian
Divded the roman empire into 2 parts east and west
He updated the roman laws, that guarunteed fair treatment for all people
Helped Justinian put an end to the riots in AD 532
Warriors from central Asia, who attacked the goths and forced them into the roman empire
In AD 410 marched into rome and desroyed the city.
Under his rule, the romans conquered Britain
eastern part of the roman empire where most people spoke greek
a peaceful period that lasted 200 years
the holy book of christianity
decay of peoples values
a leagal system based on a written code of laws
- a religion that began in the FIRST century AD
- Based on the teachings of Jesus Christ
people who follow the teachings of another person
Tells about the life and teachings of Jesus
the capital of the eastern roman empire.
Arches and Vaults
The best way to create a huge open area within a building
the materials the romans invented that made their structures last
Reasons for the fall of rome?
- -Increased taxes
What ended the western roman empire?
a barbarian general overthrew the emporer and named himself king
Why was Julius Caesar killed?
Because he named himself dictator for life
Why is the cross a symbol of chrisianity?
- Jesus was executed on the cross
- he rose from the dead
- he is the messiah
JUSTINIAN'S CODE OF LAW
garunteed fair treatment to all people
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview