Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards. What would you like to do?
What are the primary challenges in the 21st century? (4)
- 1. Innovation: finding new
- 2. Social Entrepreneurship: going green
- 3. Social networks: who's who
- 4. Virtual worlds: it's a whole new world- do work anywhere anytime.
What are 5 benefits to a Virtual Work force?
- - keeps cars off the road
- - helps a company to bolster its green bona fides
- - fosters employee retention
- - boosts worker productivity
- - slashes real estate costs
an arrangement by which an organization provides a service or services for another organization that chooses not to perform them in-house.
The Main factors driving outsourcing: (6)
- -Core comeptencies
- -Financial Savings
- -Rapid Growth
- -Industry Changes
Top 3 Functions outsourced and average %:
- 1. IT (almost 60%)
- 2. HR (40%)
- 3. Facilities Management (40%)
Top Reasons companies outsource :
- -Tap outside sources of expertise (72%)
- -Concentrate resources on core business (68%)
- -Reduce head count and related expenses (57%)
- -Eliminate the need to reinvest in technology (52%)
- -Reduce costs (41%)
- -Better manage the costs of internal processes (34%)
- -Other (4%)
Why is IT the most outsourced?
it can be done without the personal element and is therefore not needed to be done in-house
Why is Marketing the least outsourced?
It requires direct ineraction with customers and it is a core strength, you don't want it left up to anyone else
Define Change Management
- -The process of building the capacity, capability and will of an organization
- -...to move from an entrenched current state to an unfamiliar future state
- -...then leading them through and sustaining them in that change.
What are the 3 key points of preparing for change?
- 1. Institue change management policies
- 2. Anticipate change
- 3. Seek Change
Change can generate _____ and resistnce
The 2 main keys to countering end user resistance are:
- 1. Proper training
- 2. End user involvement in organizational changes
**What is Gleicher's formula for change?
Dissatisfaction * Vision * Focus> Resistance
Positivly viewed change is viewed as an ___________
Transition requires managing expectations and minimizing _________
The steps from Uniformed optimism to Informed Optimism in Positively viewed change are:
- 1. Uninformed Optimism
- 2. Informed Pessimism
- 3.Informed Doubt
- 4. Hopeful Realism
- 5. Informed optimism
Negatively Viewd change is viewed with ______ and _______
fear and anger
Steps when dealing with Negatively viewed change going from Immobilization to Acceptance are:
- 1. Immobilization
- 2. Anger and Denial
- 3. Bargaining
- 4. Depression
- 5. Exploration
- 6. Acceptance
What are the steps to Change Management process? (8)
- 1. Compelling vision
- 2. change strategy (1st step)
- 3. develop leaderhsip
- 4. build commitment
- 5. manage performance
- 6. deliver business benefits
- 7. develop culture
- 8. design organization
For Appleseed Healthcare Resources, one way the CRM systems aid the business of healthcare is by...
Engaging internal customers in business decisions.
For Appleseed Healthcare Resources, Which of the following is a good first step in mining data?
Ensuring that the systems from which the data will be extracted are open and allow for extracts
For Appleseed Healthcare Resources, Healthcare is an excellent industry to start a career because:
all of the above, (you are helping your fellow human beings learn skills that are transferable around the world, you are needed and wiling to have ample opportunity to grow)
What three things do credible websites have?
- 1. Trustworthiness
- 2. Expertise
- 3. Credibility
What are the signs that a website offeres a poor user experience: (4)
- • Lots of traffic, few purchases
- • Abandoned items in shopping carts
- • Users only hit top level of your site – do not
- visit deeper pages
- • Lack of repeat customers
10 Things for Credible Website criteria:
- 1. Design your site so that it looks professional
- 2. Make it easy to verify the accuracy of information on your site
- 3. Show that there is a real organization behind your site.
- 4.Highlight the expertise in your organization and in the content and services you provide
- 5.Show that trustworthy people stand behind your site
- 6. Make it easy to contact you
- 7.Make your site easy to use—and useful
- 8.Update your site content often
- 9.Use restraint with any promotional content (limit ads)
- 10. Avoid even small errors.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview