The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
setting very challenging goals, believing in worker's abilities.
give subordinates a say in matters that affect them
look out for the worker's best interest
set goals, assign tasks, show how to do things.
- leaders take steps to make sure that work gets done, subordinates perform their work acceptably, and the organization is efficient and effective
- Managers assign tasks to groups and let subordinates know what is expected of them
- leaders show subordinates they trust, respect, and care about them
- Managers look out for
- the well-being of their subordinates. Do what they can to help subordinates feel good and enjoy the work they perform
- Identifies the two basic types of behavior that
- many leaders engaged in to influence their subordinates
Consideration, initiating structure
- Power that is based on special knowledge, skills,
- and expertise that the leader possesses.
- Tends to be used in a guiding or coaching manner
- The ability of a manager to punish others
- Limited in effectiveness and application; can
- have serious negative side effects
- Examples: verbal reprimand, pay cuts, and
- The ability of a manager to give or withhold tangible
- and intangible rewards.
- The authority that a manager has by virtue of his
- or her position in the firm.
- An individual who is able to exert influence over
- other people to help achieve group or organizational goals
- The process by which a person exerts influence over others and inspires, motivates and directs
- their activities to achieve group or organizational goals.