What are the requirements for a class action to occur?
1. Common issues - Same wrong doing, does not have to be affected in the same way.
2. Representative plaintiff - Must have a workable plan for fair representation.
3. Notification - Potential members of the class action must be notified. Automactically included if haven't opted out within a certain length of time.
4. Preferable procedure - Court must think that a class action is prefered.
5. Certification - Represents the court's decision to allow various claims to be joined together and proceed as a class action.