- RBC-produce in the bone marrow with the aid of erythropoietin (produce in the kidney)
- *male 4.7-6.1 mm^3
- *female 4.2-5.4 mm^3
- *Erythrocyte Sed Rate < 20 mm/hr
- **Elevated = presence of inflammation
- Hemoglobin (Hgb)-range male 14-18 and female 12-16...how many rbc
- if < or =7...blood transfusion
Hematocrit-normal range – 3x hemoglobin...how red is the blood: Males 42-52%/Female 37-47%
Example Hgb is 9 and Hct is 27
What is the significant of not maintain 1:3 ratio?
- : if Hgb is 10 and Hct is 27 ..ratio<3 =Hemodilution (too much fluid).
- if Hgb is 10 and Hct is 35...ratio >3 =dehydration
Every unit RBC= increase Hgb by 1gm