Chemistry: (4)Atomic Theory
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is the order of the scientists?
- Democritus, Dalton, Goldstein, Thomson, Rutherford, Bohr, Millikan, Schrodinger, Chadwick
What is a good way to remember the order of the scientists?
- dogs do good things reverently because many squirrels come
What did John Dalton do?
studied ratios, came up with Daltons atomic theory
What did Goldstein do?
discovered protons, protons mass = 1/1840 electron's mass
What did Thomson do?
discovered electrons, Cathode Ray experiment
What did Rutherford do?
learned most of atom is just empty space, discovered nucleus, Gold Foil experiment
What did Bohr do?
new model of atom, electrons orbit around nucleus in set rings and ENERGY LEVELS
What did Millikan do?
- found quantity of charge carried by electrons
- found ratio of charge to mass of electrons
- found mass of electron (1/1840 mass of hydrogen atom)
What did Schrodinger do?
- used quantum theory (math) to find electron in hydrogen atom aka Quantum Mathematical Model.
- doesn't define exact path of electrons
- electron is found 90% of the time
- "electron cloud"
What did Chadwick do?
- discovered neutrons
- all subatomic particles were then found
What does the Law of Definite Composition say?
compounds always have the same elements in the same proportions
What does the Law of Conservation of Mass say?
Matter cannot be created or destroyed
What does the Law of Multiple Proportions say?
The same elements can make different compounds of amounts change
What is another name for the Cathode Ray experiement?
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview