Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Mechanism of Interaction
- Precipitant drug-drug that causes interaction
- Object drug-drug whose effect is altered
- St Johns wart (anti-depressant) and Plavix (thins the blood)- combined thins the blood even more
- SJW is precipitant and Plavix is object
- Drug interaction usually occurs at the receptor site
- Aspirin/NSAIDS+Warfarin= very thin blood!
- NSAIDS+Antihypertensives= decreased effect of BP meds
- Opioids+CNS depressant= increase CNS depressant effect-synergistic
- Bacteriostatic+Bacteriocidal=antagonistic because cidal kills bacteria that are reproducing
- Anti-infectives+warfarin= thins blood even more by different mechanisms
- Epi and non-selective beta blockers-antagonistic
- Epi and diabetics- increases blood sugar
- Epi and alpha blockers-epi reversal
- Epi and tricyclic antidepressants- increased BP
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview