The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- A washing or cleansing of the body,especially as part of a religious rite.
- A recitation or recital,especially of prepared or memorized material.
- A soft,grayish-yellow leather usually having a suede finish,once made from deerskins but now generally made from sheepskins.
- A small,dry,one-seeded fruit of a cereal grass,having the fruit and the seed walls united.Also called caryopsis
- A relatively small discrete particulate or crystalline mass
- An optical phenomenon that creates the illusion of water,often with inverted reflections of distant objects,and results from distortion of light by alternate layers of hot and cool air.Also called fata morgana
- Something illusory or insubstantial.
- To jut out; project.See Synonyms at bulge
- The place,position,or function properly or customarily occupied by another.