Dental Anatomy Final
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
what are the 2 functions of the proximal contact area?
- protects the interdental papilla
- stabilizes each tooth in the arch
what are4 purposes of the dental embrasures?
- prevent food impaction
- dissipate occlusal forces
- self cleansing
- stimulates gums
what functions to protect the interdental papilla and stabilize each too th in the arch?
proximal contact area
the _____ _____ has the purpose of preventing food impaction, dissipating occlusal forces, self cleansing and stimulating gums.
where are the primate spaces located on the max and man arch?
- max-between the canine and the lateral incisor
- man-between the canine and the 1st premolar
what is the purpose of the primate spaces?
to allow for future space for permanent teeth
the _____ ____ is to allow for future space for permanent teeth
what is the leeway space?
difference in size mesiodistally between primary molars and permanent premolars to allow for future forward movement of molars
what is the difference in size mesiodistally between primary molars and permanent premolars to allow for future forward movement of the molars
what are 5 self cleansing abilities of the mouth?
- enamel-smooth and slippery
- crown shape-deflects food
- tooth shapes
- tongue and cheek-move food around
- pits and fissures-washed out with saliva
the self cleansing abilities of the mouth are: enamel-_____ and _____, crown shape-_____ ______ tooth shapes, tongue and cheek-_____ ____ around, and pits and fissures-food goes there and is _____ away by _____
- smooth and slippery
- deflects food
- moves food
- washed away by saliva
the tooth shapes help with self cleansing how is the incisors, canines and premolar shapes self cleansing?
- incisors-shovel shaped to push off tooth
- canines-spears to pierce and wedge
- premolars-one cusp to spear and one cusp to chew
_____ of the teeth contribute to the maintenance of the teeth within the dental arch
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview