Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- 1. Most Abundant.
- 2. 55-75% (3,000-7,500/mm3)
- 3. Stain poorly
- 4. short live cells. few hours to few days of life, but produced 80,000,000new cells /minnute by bone marrow
- 1) 1-4% of WBC (50-400/mm3 of blood)
- 2) Phagosites, but kill microbes extracellularly
- 3) Granules, stain red with acidic dye eosin (dye used to stain leukocytes)
- 4) Nuclue appears lobed
- 5) Granules contain distructive enzymes for killing bacteria
- 5) Leukotrienes, prostaglandins, chemicals that promotes inflammation
- 6) Live 8-12 days
- 1) make up 0-1% of WBC (25-100/mm3 of blood)
- 2) Granules stain dark purplish blue (baso) w/ basic dye methylene blue
- 3) Have a lobed nucleus
- 4) Release histamine, leukotrienes, and prostaglandins
- 5) Live few hours to few days
Have compact nuclei and have no visible cytoplasmic granules.
- 1) Make up 2-8% WBC (100-500/mm3 blood)
- 2) Are important in phagocytosis and serve as antigen-presenting cells in the adaptive immune responses
- 3) Differentiate into macrophages and dendritic cells when they leave the blood and enter the tissue
- 4) Long lived (for months) and multiply
- 1) 25-40% of the WBCs (1,500-4,500 of blood).
- 2. mediate the adaptive immune responses.
- 3.circulate back and forth between the blood and the lymphoid system of the body
- nThey have a life span of days to years.
- ne. There are 3 major populations of lymphocytes: B-Lymphocytes, T-Lymphocytes, NK cells
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview