MRKT CH. 15 BOOK QUESTIONS
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the 6 elements required for communication to occur?
- a source
- a message
- channel of communication
- a receiver
a difficulty for U.S. companies advertising in international markets is that the audience does not share the same _________.
field of experience
A misprint in a newspaper ad is an example of ________.
Explain the difference between advertising and publicity when both appear on television.
publicity is "indirectly paid", while advertising space is directly paid for by the company.
Which promotional element should be offered only on a short-term basis?
Cost per contact is high with the ________ element of the promotional mix
Promotional programs can be directed to _______, to _________, or both
- ultimate consumer
- an intermediary (retailer)
Describe the promotional objective for each stage of the product life cycle
- Intro - increase level of awareness
- Growth - persuade the consumer to buy the product
- Maturity - maintain existing buyers
- Decline - phase out
Explain the differene between a push and pull strategy
- a push strategy deals with getting wholesalers and retailers to carry the product and have them push it on to customers
- a pull strategy gets the consumer to demand a product from retailer, getting the product pulled through intermediaries
What are the stages of the hierarcy of effects?
what are the four approches to setting the promotion budget?
- percentage of sales
- competitie parity
- all you can afford
- objective and task
The ability to design and use direct marketing programs has increased with the availability of ________ and ________.
- customer information databases
- new printing technologies
What are the 3 types of responses generated by direct marketing activities
- direct orders
- lead generating
- traffic generation
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview