The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What does the S in SBAR stand for?
What information is included in the S?
- I am calling about
- Patient's code status
- The problem is
- Vital signs/ Assessment
- Concerned about
What does the B in SBAR stand for?
What is included in the Background?
- The patient's mental status is
- The skin is...
- The patient is/ isnt on oxygen
What does the A in SBAR stand for?
What is included in the assessment?
- This is what I think the problem is..
- The problem seems to be
- We need to do something..
What does the R in SBAR stand for?
What is included in the Recommendation?
- I suggest or request that you...
- Are there any tests needed?
- If a change in treatment is ordered then ask: How often do you want vital signs, how long will the problem last, if patient does not get better when would you want us to call again?