Answer questions based on the following definitions in the state statute.
State Statute 52-161B: Bribery, Bribe Receiving, Perjury, and False Statement
For the purpose of this statute, the following terms are defined:
1. Benefit: The term "benefit" shall mean obtaining a gain, advantage, or anything regarded by the beneficiary as a gain or advantage. The term "benefit'' shall include benefit to any person in whose welfare the beneficiary is interested.
2. Public servant: An official, officer, or employee of the government, either elected of appointed, to include any person participating as advisor or consultant to the government or otherwise performing a governmental function.
3. Bribery: A person is guilty of bribery when a person offers, confers, or agrees to confer upon a public servant any benefit $s consideration for the exercise of his or her discretion as a public servant.
4. Bribe receiving: A public servant is guilty of bribe receiving when a public servant solicits, accepts, or agrees to accept any benefit as consideration for the exercise of his or her discretion as a public servant.
5. Perjury: A person is guilty of perjury when in an official proceeding and under oath a person intentionally makes a false statement, intentionally swears to, and/or testifies falsely to a material statement he or she does not believe to be true.
6. False statement: A person is guilty of false statement when a person intentionally makes a false written statement under oath or on an official form that bears the notice that false statements are punishable by law, -and the false, statement is intended to mislead a public servant in the performance of his or her official function.
7. Tampering with or fabricating physical evidence: A person is guilty of this section when, believing that an official proceeding is about to take place, the actor, alters, destroys, conceals, or removes any record, document, or thing with purpose to impair its verity or availability in such proceeding.
READ QUESTION ONLY