Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Beliefs about social groups used to make inferences, predictions, and attributions about individuals
- Differential treatment based on perceived group membership
- -Negative behavior toward outgroup or preferential treatment of ingroup
Under which conditions are stereotyping & prejudice are most likely?
- -When ambiguity is high
- -Excessive cognitive demands
- -Situational “excuses” are present
- -When self-esteem is threatened or reduced
- -Emotional arousal
- -Group (vs. individual) interactions
- -Unfamiliar vs. familiar targets
Institutional supports include...?
- -Media sources
intense or irrational dislike or fear of people from other countries
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview