Social psych & Law
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What factors affect the Jury?
- -Social cognition
- -Group Processes
- -Informational and normative influence
- -Prejudice and stereotyping
In a line up, should suspect and foils be presented simultaneously or sequentially?
- Sequentially, to avoid the ‘best guess’ problem
- -Foils should resemble suspect
Why have juries?
- Group recall > individual recall
- Forced deliberation requires in-depth thinking
- -----the use of central route (systematic) processing is increased
- Representativeness (diversity) of perspectives
- Attention focused on all of the evidence rather than selective pieces
- Restrains use of inadmissable evidence
- When the evidence is unambiguous and can be understood, most juries render verdicts consistent with it
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview