Approaches to Psychology
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- Assumes behavior & mental processes are the result of constant internal, unconscious conflicts that rage within us.
- Instinctual needs vs. societal rules
- Assumes behavior as the result of learned behaviors - not concerned with mental processes.
- Eliminate bad behaviors by learning new & more adaptive responses
- Watson, Skinner
- Assumes behavior is affected by how we take in, process and store information (mental processes).
- Bad behavior is the result of poor problem solving.
- Bandura, Chomsky
- Assumes behavior is the result of each individual's view of the world.
- Must understand the behavior & mental processes of each individual.
- Maslow & Rogers
Behavior & mental processes are affected by biological processes.
Behaviors are the result of natural selection - maladaptive behaviors become extinct.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview