Organization Theory Job Design
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Key Variables (I): Variance and Interdependence
- Variance: Deviation with respect to a normal transformation process; (non-negligible effect on output, and requiring human intervention)
- Interdependence: Extent to which the performance of an activity depends on (is affected by) other activities, for; (resource pooling/sharing, and/ or input/output exchanges)
Which Activities to Consider?
- - Unitary operations: sets of technically inseparable tasks > bound to division of labor
- - All activities vertically linked in a transformation chain
- - All the activities of support, maintenance, control and regulation of the analyzed transformation process
- - High Variance of activities and interdependence among them >
- -Less division of labor by phases and operations >
- - Organization by output/process/client
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview