FMF - Chapter 105
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
1. What is Operational Risk Management (ORM)?
The decision making tool used by people of all levels to increase operational effectiveness
2. What is the goal of ORM?
Increase our ability to make an informed decision
3. What is a Hazard?
A condition that potential to cause injury or death
4. What is a Risk?
An expression of possible loss in terms of severity and probability
5. What is Risk Assessment?
Process of detecting hazards and assessing risks
6. What is the five step process of ORM?
Identify hazards, Assess hazards, Make risk decisions, Implement controls, Supervise
7. What are controls?
Measures that can be used to eliminate hazards and or reduce risk
8. What are the four principles of ORM?
- 1. Accept risks when benefits outweigh the costs
- 2. Accept no unnecessary risk
- 3. Anticipate and mange risk by planning 4. Make risk decisions at the right level
9. Give an example of head protection.
Kevlar, Helmet, Hard hat
10. Give an example of hearing protection. At what level in decibels is it required to where hearing protection? At what level is double hearing protection required?
Ear plugs/ear muffs, 84 dBA, 104 dBA
11. When else would you be required to wear hearing protection?
When exposed to gunfire in training and for artillery, mortar, and missile firing
12. Give an example of foot protection.
Steel toed boots
13. Give an example of eye protection.
Ballistic sun glasses, welder’s goggles, splash goggles
14. What is a hazardous material?
Material that may pose hazard to humans or environment
15. What is a hazardous waste?
A discarded material that is designated as such by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) or a State Authority
16. What does MSDS stand for and what is in it?
Material Safety Data Sheet
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview