The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What was Kristallnacht?
When Nazis unleashed pogroms toward Germany.
When did Kristallnacht occur?
November 9th, 1938.
Why did Kristallnacht happen?
Because of assassination of German diplomat on November 7th.
Night of Broken Glass
What is a pogrom?
An organized attack on a specific group of people.
sentence or phrase that is title.
words used to express thought or identification.
Relative Size is...
some fifures draw smaller or larger than others.
Light and Dark is...
use of shading and whit space to create effects.
sign or object to represent something
arrangement or location of objects.
distorted, oversimplified, or exaggeration representation.
Causes of WW1
Militarism, Alliances, Imperialism, Nationalism
arms race between britain and germany. 1900
1907= friendship groups
france, britain, russia
italy, germany, austria-hungary
large empire important for power
loyalty towards homeland
- Sam Hughes set up in Valcartier, Quebec...
- further training in britatin
front line trenches
- 7 feet deep, 6 feet wide
- zig zag pattern
- sandbags on sides to absord bullets
- barbed wire
- cut into side to allow soldiers to peer over
- standing on duty... watiting for possible enemy attack
no man's land
separated allies and germans
battel of ypres
- april 22.1915
- germans used gas attack
- invented gas mask
- figured out urine neutralized effects
battle of the somme
- july 1st, 1916-november
- tankls used for first time
- canadians known as storm troopers
- october 26-november 10, 1917
- many deaths due to mud