Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards
. What would you like to do?
Is Juice Plus+ a vitamin supplement?
- No. Juice Plus+ is not a vitamin supplement. Multivitamins contain a limited
- number of specifically selected vitamins and minerals. Often these vitamins are not even derived from natural sources. Unlike multivitamins, Juice Plus+ contains juice powders from 17 fruits,
- vegetables and grains, and therefore provides a far greater variety of naturally occurring vitamins, antioxidants, and other phytonutrients –
- even some of the fiber – found in the fruits and vegetables themselves.
Does Juice Plus+ replace the need to eat real fruits and vegetables?
- No. Juice Plus+ should never replace a diet filled with a wide and
- colorful variety of fruits and vegetables. Juice Plus+ is a convenient
- way for people to get even more of the whole food based nutrition that
- is so important to a healthy diet – and so lacking in our diets today.
How is Juice Plus+ made?
- Juice Plus+ is made from fresh, high-quality fruits
- and vegetables, and is carefully tested to ensure that no pesticides or
- other contaminants affect the natural purity of the product. The
- fruits and vegetables are juiced, and the juices are then concentrated
- into powders using a proprietary drying process that carefully maintains
- temperatures at levels that preserve as much of the original nutrient
- quality as possible.
Does Juice Plus+ contain added vitamins?
- Yes. While the predominant ingredients in Juice Plus+ are the juice
- powders made from fresh, high-quality fruits and vegetables, other
- naturally sourced ingredients are added to that juice powder base. These
- include a proprietary fiber blend and several phytonutrients that are
- added to ensure more consistent levels of key nutrients from season to
- season. All ingredients are listed on the product labels.
How do I know that Juice Plus+ has been manufactured using quality practices and is safe to take?
- All Juice Plus+ products are manufactured in
- certified facilities under the most exacting industry standards and are
- 100% compliant with all applicable regulations for foods and
- supplements. To independently verify this fact, both the manufacturing
- facilities and the products themselves (Juice Plus+ Orchard and Garden
- Blend capsules and Juice Plus+ Vineyard Blend capsules) have been tested
- and certified by NSF International’s Good Manufacturing Practices
- programs and Product and Ingredient Certification programs.
- NSF International
- is an independent, not-for-profit organization that helps protect
- consumers by certifying products and writing standards for food, water,
- dietary supplements and consumer goods. They have certified the Juice
- Plus+ products per NSF/ANSI Standard 173, the only accredited American National Standard for dietary supplements and functional foods. These requirements include:
Product testing for contaminants and heavy metals,Label and formulation review to verify that what’s on the label is in the bottle, and Manufacturing facility audits to ensure they operate using Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
- NSF conducts on going testing to ensure that
- NSF-certified products such as Juice Plus+ continue to meet their
- rigorous quality standards.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview