The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Formal characteristics of Anglo-Saxon poetry
- doesn't rhyme
- feast before battle (Last Supper)
- heroic boast
- extreme exaggeration
- fate (God)
- king=gift giver
Anglo-Saxon literary devices
- 2 or 3 word metaphor. Only metaphorical, you have to guess the literal.
- Think mini-riddle
- You say it's not the opposite.
- You say it's "not good" when it's really bad.
- PART to the whole metaphor. Usually the most important part.
- "all hands on deck"
- "head count"
- Hint- neck=PART of me