OSCE - general
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- Events associated
- Palliative factors
- Provocative factors
Building your DDx
- Substance use/Psychiatric
physical exam basics
you WILL fail the station if you
don't wash your hands
SPIKES to break bad news
- Setting up the interview to be ready for questions and make the pt/family feel comfortable
- Perceptions - "what have you been told about your condition so far?"
- Invitation - what level of info does the pt want to know (detailed or big picture)
- Knowledge passed onto patients - the "warning shot" - "I have some bad news to tell you", use language pt can understand, check in on their comprehension
- Emotions - identify and address the emotions, be empathetic
- Strategy and Summary - outline next steps for the pt esp written info and the plan for a 2nd encounter
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview