1. Indications• Prevention of gastric mucosal injury from NSAIDs in high-risk patients (geriatric patients, debilitated patients, or those with a history of ulcers)• With mifepristone for termination of pregnancy
2. Unlabelled Use(s):• Treatment of duodenal ulcers• Cervical ripening and labor induction
3. Do not confuse Cytotec (misoprostol) with Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide)
4. PO: Administer medication with meals and at bedtime to reduce severity of diarrhea
5. Causes spontaneous abortion. Childbearing-aged pts must be informed.
mineral electrolyte replacements supplements
1. Treatment/prevention of hypomagnesemia. • Essential for the activity of many enzymes• Play an important role in neurotransmission and muscular excitability.
2. PO: Give with a full glass of water
3. Advise patient not to take this medication within 2 hr of taking other medications, especially fluoroquinolones, nitrofurantoin, and tetracyclines