Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- Growing or living in water
- Water lillies are aquatic plants
- Don in water
- Water polo is an aquatic sport
- To say firmly or declare
- I assert my innocence
- Assertion - n, Assertive - adj
- To turn away
- Traffic was averted at the Grapevine because it was snowing
- To keep from happening
- I averted danger by staying out of the scary neighborhood
- Without much hope
- It looks bleak that I will get an A in vocabulary.
- Cold and dreary
- Jenny moved here to escape the bleak weather in New York.
- Cheerful, carefree
- Little children are blithe because they do not have homework.
- Not showing proper care, heedless
- He showed a blithe negligence when he wandered into the bad neighborhood.
- Well behaved, easy to handle
- We picked kitty because she was the most docile cat of the litter.
- To become less and less, get smaller
- My savings account will dwindle if I keep buying video games
- A gun is a lethal weapon
- To watch closely and frequenty
- Michael Jackson's doctor did not monitor his condition well enough.
- A video screen
- The monitor on the laptop needs to be handled with care.
- To hurt or damage by cutting
- Kids playing with scissors can mutilate their belongings.
- Able to move quickly and easily
- Gymnasts are nimble when doing routines.
- Clever, quick thinking
- His nimble mind always comes up with clever responses.
- Difficult or dangerous situation
- Hannah's plight to make it to level 6 is bleak.
- Heavy and slow moving
- An elephant takes ponderous steps.
- On the edge of, close to
- One wrong move on the beam puts you on the verge of falling off.
- Watching closely, ready for danger
- If Michael Jackson's doctor had been more vigilant with his care, the singer might still be alive.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview