Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
The First Murder
Why did God accept Abel's offering and not Cain's offering?
Abel had a better attitude and wanted to give. Cain felt obligated to give a gift. Abel gave a blood offering and Cain didn't.
Jacob was also called...
Egyptian traders who bought Joseph for 20 pieces of silver
Courtier of Pharoah
Wanted to lay with Joseph
How did the Hewbrews think God talked to them?
- Dreams and Visions
- Nature- Job and the world wind
Why does Jacob not turn against God?
- He is honored to be chosen by God to suffer
- He speaks directly to God
Give examples of how God's punishment is temperred w/mercy?
- Adam- banished from the garden; but his life was spared. He has to work to earn everything and was told that his crops won't yield all the time.
- Eve- now has to experience childbirth pangs; but new life will be created.
- Serpent- has to slide on his belly and eat dirt.
- Cain- has to wander the earth but put a mark of protection so that he will not be slain.
- Joseph- punished b/c of his boasting and attitude.
Reason's why people suffer
- A test of faith
- Leading example/testimony
- Adam and Eve's fault
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview