Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What the communicatoin process? and what do they do?
Sender Message Receiver Feedback
Words, body language and symbols that convey an idea.
Intercepts and interprets message;transmits feedback.
Response to the message.
What is a strong value structure?
- Working to be a good person.
- Communicating Constructively.
- Caring about your audience.
What is the importance of feedbacK?
Its the recation or response to the sender.
What are the kinds of communicatoin?
Written Communication- must be read
Oral or Verbal communication- spoken
Non-verbal- express your attitudes or moods about a person, situation, or idea.
Symbol-include nonverbal and verbal communication
- Interpersonal communication- The ability to talk to and with others, one on one speaking
- like in the halls, at dinner, with a teacher. You must be willing to build up others rather than tear down.
Intrapersonal- to assess your thoughts, feelings and reactions. Should exhibit a solid work ethic, a sense of integrity, compassion for others, and personal honesty.
what are the causes of comunicatoin appreension?
flushed face, dizzienes, a fast heart beat, shortness of breath, precpreatoin, or wobbly legs
occure after the first 30 seconds
what are the ten planks of cofidence?
- Impression- 55% of people determin what they think of you before you begin to speak
What does the word leadership mean?
An ability to motivate and unite others to work together to accomplish a specific task.
The Technocrat -No nonsense leader often more interestedin numbers instead of people!!!
The Artist -Leads by imagination andintuition!
The Craftsman -Leads by common sense and integrity.
Planks of leadership
- A Leader Has a Sense of Vision
- A Leader is Willing to Act
- A Leader Makes Good Decisions
- A Leader Can Handle Conflict
- A Leader Works to Avoid Pitfalls
- A Leader Knows How to Motivate
Discuss the pitfalls aleader need to avoid
- Don’t be afraid to fail. Try new things.
- Pay attention to the small things as well as the “big picture.”
- Do Not forget the people involved and the original objective.
- Listen to everyone even though you may not agree.
What makes a good listener?
eye contact, look interested, sit still, ask questoins.
How much time does an averag person spending listening ?
45% at home and 60% at school
Define the kinds of listening?
- Appreciative listening- music
- Discriminitive listening- when you listen for a friends voice over a crowd
- Empathic listening- conselors, good friends, without out fear of embarsment
- Critical Listening- evaluate what they hear and decide if another peerson is logical or has value.
- when we want to buy something, vote, or support an idea.
what are the barriers to good listening?
Tune out dull topics
Yield to distractions
Criticize delivery or phsical apperance
Jump to conclusions
Overreact to emotional words
Why is listening important in workplaces?
- Being introduced to other people
- Accepting critisism
- Ask for Explanation
- Paraphrase message
- Summarize the message
- Put it on Paper
what are the kinds of interviews?
- one on one
- panel of people
- mock interview
How to prepare for a interview?
- Know your self
- research the employer or job
- Anticipate the questions
- 15 minutes early
How do you ignore innaporippiate questions?
ignore it, ask polietly to not answer, talk less about question
what is a puff ball
are easy questions lobbed at you, "tell me about yourself"They give you the chance to put your best foot forward
What is a Pause
short down time
something that makes a pint come alive, an analogy
A transistion from one answer to the other
how should a speech be organized?
- Attention getter
- The link
- The thesis statment
- The preview statment
- Purpose statment
- Main headings
- Supporting material
What is the diffrence bettwen Informative speeches and Persuasive speechs?
- Informative gives facts
- Persuasive is trying to convice
Why is conclusion important
Its the last thing your audience will hear
what kind of language should a speaker avoid
- jargon- computer references
- shocking or Obscene - yo
What are special occasion speeches?
5 common stratagies to solviing promblems
How does logic and blah blah and blah affect persuasion?
- logic- logos: logics
- emotional- pectoes:
- personal appeal; ethoes