Eating and Sleep Disorders.txt
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Parasomnia and what are the 3 types?
Abnormal behavior during sleep...nightmares, sleep terrors, sleep walking
What is dyssomnia? and what are the diff types?
- Problem in getting to sleep or in obtaining sleep of sufficient quality
- hyperinsomnia, insomnia, narcolepsy, breathing related, circadian rhythm sleep disorder
Difficulty initiating or maintaining sleep, or nonrestorative sleep, for at least 1 month
Excessive sleepiness for at least 1 month as evidenced by either prolonged sleep episodes or daytime sleep episodes that occur almost daily.
Irresistible attacks of refreshing sleep that occur daily over at least 3 months, plus either cataplexy or recurrent intrusions of elements of rapid eye movement (REM) sleep.
What are the types of Anorexia Nervosa? Describe them
- Restricting- JUST using refusal to eat
- Binge/Purge...Binge n Purge
Types of Bulimia?
- Non-purging: fasting or exercising excessively
- Purging: People use meds
What are some contributors to Eating Disorders?
- Biological Factors
- Genetic predisposition to eating disorders
- Predisposition to depression
- Dysregulation of hypothalamus
- Serotonin imbalances
- Sociocultural and Psychological Factors
- Pressures to be thin
- Cultural norms of attractiveness
- Use of food as a way of coping
- Overconcern with others’ opinions
- Rigid, dichotomous thinking style, perfectionism
- Poor family dynamics
- History of sexual abuse
What are the different treatment options for Anorexia?
- Hospitalization and Refeeding
- Behavior therapy (rewards for eating)
- Patient's feelings and family
What are some treatment options for people with bulimia?
- Cognitive therapy
- Interpersonal therapy (evaluate real issues)
- Supportive Expressive
- Tricyclic Antidepressant
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview