Further- Chapter 2- Summarising Numerical Data
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is the median
- The midpoint of distribution where 50% of data is on either side
- located at (n+1/2) position
What is the range
- The simplest measure for the spread of a distribution
- R= largest value- smallest value
What is the inter quartile range (IQR)
- The spread of the middle 50% of data.
- IQR= Q3-Q1
Q1= midpoint of half below median
- Q2= median
- Q3= midpoint of half above median
What is included in a five number summary
- (all shown in a box plot)
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview