- verbto worsen
- The condition of the house began to degenerate over the years.
- implausibleadjectivedifficult to believe
- The story Bob told us about him being kidnapped by aliens was highly plausible.
- unable to speak in an orderly, logical way
- The event was so shocking, tke only eyewitness was incoherent when it came to giving the details.
- to plea for someone
- The football coach had to intercede when the principal pulled the star of the team from the game.
- adjectivehaving many complex parts
- The intricate dance kept everyone engaged.
- a place of safety and protection
- During the storm, basement was our sanctuary.
- scrutinynounclose or careful inspection
- Ever since 9/11, airports are under the scrutiny of tougher security systems.
- The sinister plan failed and all the hostages survived.
- sufficeverbto be good enough
- The score wasn't suffice to move on to the next round.
- vulnerableadjectiveopen to damge or attack
- The child wasn't vulnerable to chicken pox anyomore, since he had them a t such a young age.