Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- -The suffix -ase means enzyme.
- -several digestive enzymes that break down starch.
- -The biliary tract includes the organs (liver and gallbladder) and ducts (hepatic, cystic, and common bile ducts) that secrete, store, and empty bile into the duodenum.
bilirubin (bile pigment)
- -excessive bilirubin (yellowish pigment) or waste product results from the break down of hemoglobin molecules from worn out red blood cell.
- -Lith/o means stone or calculus; -iasis means abnormal condition.
-stone in gallbladder or bile duct.
- --Absence of gastric juice is associated with gastric carcinoma.
-low or lack of gastric acid in the stomach.
- -Liver cells make new sugar from fats and proteins.
-the process of converting non-carbohydrate carbon into glucose for energy use.
- -high blood sugar
glycogen, animal starch
- -Liver cells change glycogen back to glucose when blood sugar levels drop.
-the break down of glycogen (carbohydrates) in the liver to glucose.
- -tumor in adipose (soft) tissue.
- -the forming of kidney stones.
- -enzymes that break down protein.
- -stone formed in salivary gland.
- -Improperly digested (malabsorbed) fats will appear in the feces.
-excessive fat in stools (feces).
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview