BIOS 131 Lecture
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
2 types of endocrine gland secretions
- Paracrine - act locally do not travel in blood
- autocrine - affect only the cell secreting it
Name the 4 steriod hormones
Which hormones can cross cell membrane and which need a membrane bound receptor?
Steriods can cross membrane without membrane bound receptors non steroids cannot
What prohibits and what stimulates Growth Hormone
Somatostatin prohibits and growth hormone releasing hormone stimulates
Another name for TSH
Anterior Pituitary Hormones
- Growth Hormone
- Thyroid Stimulating Hormone
- Adrenocorticotropic Hormone
- Follicle Stimulating Hormone
- Luteinizing Hormone
Posteriour Pituitary Hormones
- Antidiuretic Hormone
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview