XHTML lecture 1 notes
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What does HTML stand for?
Hypertext Markup Language
What is HTML
- HTML is a Markup Language, not a programming language.
- HMTL uses Markup Tags to describe web pages.
The two key components of HTML are:
- Hypertext: Links web pages together.
- Markup: Embeds tags in web pages to format them.
What is the strutcture of a HTML document?
- <title>Title of Document</title>
- Visible content of the body...
How do you write a HTML comment?
<!-- This is a comment -->
How do you show an image on a web page?
<img src= "image.jpeg" alt= "An image" />
What is/are Metadata/Metatags?
- Metadata is data about data.
- In HTML metadata describes web pages to search engines.
- Metatags declare metadata.
- Metatags must be used in the <head> section.
- <meta>this is meta-information</meta>
History of the internet:
- 1962 - Arpanet (Advanced Research Project Agency) created by
- U.S. Department of Defense. It's aim was to connect computers in the
- U.S. Defense department together.
- 1965 - The first long distance communication between computers in MIT and California.
- 1969 - 4 computers connected together at Arpanet.Ethernet developed by Xerox. Working networks created using Arpanet and ethernet.
- 1973 - TCP/IP (Transfer control protocal / Internal protocal) developed. This is a set of rules for computers communicating with each other over a network. From here networks grew and eventually formed what we now know as the internet.
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview