Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
the change of a species
only the strongest among a species will survive
certain features of the universe and living things that are explained by intelligent cause
an Italian philosoper and theologian who proposed five proofs for Gods existance which were not based on the Bibal or theology
there is motion in the world, whatever is in motion had to be put in motion by another
- the world is a sereis of causes and effects;
- taking those causes and effects into history, to the movements of creation; we conclude that their must have been a first cause of creation, God
Everyting Comes From Something
nothing cannot create something, other than someting causing it to be created
- Persons and things have various degrees of perfections
- no single created person or thing posseses perfection
- but God hold perfection
there are systems in the world that are so intricate and perfect in a way they work
- are a unique and useful in that they do not rely on scripture or religous teaching
- based on common sense and philosophy they have a strong connection to scientific fact
- these proofs could help Atheists believe in God
God is not clearly seen and know in this world, he is put a side
- God is beyond us, he is close to his creation
- we can see God in his creations
God does not change, he is perfect
God is all powerful
- God is, was, and always will be
- he is without beginning and without end
God is present everywhere
God cannot be broken down into parts
God is a perectly happy being
"Let there be light"
"Let there be water"
"Let dry land appear"
"Let there be Day and Night"
"Let there be animals and living creatures"
"Let there be humans"
- had tremendous consequences for humanity
- The serpent introduces doubt
- trying to convince Eve to not trust God
the serpent said to Eve that she will not die if she eats from the tree, therfore God is called a liar
the Serpent makes a promise saying that you will be like God, you will know good and evil
Eve falls for the trick and eats from the tree and shares with Adam
they both realize they are naked in "spirits" and they run and hide from God
- Adam and Eve's relationship with God is destroyed
- humanity is wounded by original sin
- the effect of original sin which left us a tendancy toward sin is called concupiscence
Protoevangelium or First Good News
- promised in Gen 3 : 15
- Eve was suppose to be Mary the mother of God, the savior of the world
the belief in one God
the belief in many Gods
the belief that God created the world, but has nothing further to do
the existence of God cannot be arrived at
God does not exist
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview