English Vocab (Poem)
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
quick comment to self
- 14-line poem. 10 syllables.
- written in iambic pentameter .
looks like it should rhyme.
example: rain; again
5 patterns of u/ syllables
personal feelings, emotion that you attach to a word.
- what is the piece about?
- what caused the person to sit down and write this play?
- Who is it intended for?
- what does he want you to do after this?
- Persona who is writing the piece. Author is not the speaker.
- mood or attitude the author is in.
F$%^ Up Beyond All Recognition
Situation Normal All F$#% Up
focus on emotions, individual nature, seeing things as they should be.
viewed as it is/ as they are.
Latin quote by horace? and what does it mean?
- Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori
- "It is sweet and fitting to die for one's country."
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview